Main features of Duratron® PAI
With its versatile performance capabilities and proven use in a broad range of applications, Duratron® polyamide-imide (PAI) shapes are offered in extruded and compression moulded grades. For high temperature applications, this advanced material offers an excellent combination of mechanical performance and dimensional stability.
Duratron® PAI is the highest performing, melt processable plastic. It has superior resistance to elevated temperatures. It can perform under severe stress conditions at continuous temperatures to 260 °C (500 °F). Parts machined from Duratron stock shapes provide greater compressive strength and higher impact resistance than most advanced engineering plastics.
Duratron® PAI’s extremely low coefficient of linear thermal expansion and high creep resistance deliver excellent dimensional stability over its entire service range. Duratron PAI is an amorphous material with a Tg (glass transition temperature) of 280 °C (537 °F).
- Very high maximum allowable service temperature in air (250°C continuously).
- Excellent retention of mechanical strength, stiffness, and creep resistance over a wide temperature range.
- Superb dimensional stability up to 260°C.
- Excelente comportamiento a fricción y desgaste (especialmente Duratron® T4301 y T4501 PAI).
- Very good UV-resistance.
- Exceptional resistance against high energy radiation (gamma- and X-rays).
- Inherent low flammability.
Duratron® PAI formulations