Main features of Duratron® PBI
- Extremely high maximum allowable service temperature in air (310°C continuously, going up to 500°C for short periods of time).
- Excellent retention of mechanical strength, stiffness, and creep resistance over a wide temperature range.
- Excellent wear & frictional behaviour.
- Extremely low coefficient of linear thermal expansion.
- Excellent resistance against high energy radiation (gamma- and X-rays).
- Inherent low flammability.
- High purity in terms of ionic contamination.
- Good electrical insulating and dielectric properties.