Main features of Techtron® PPS
PPS (polyphenylene sulfide) products offer the broadest resistance to chemicals of any advanced engineering plastic. They have no known solvents below 200 °C (392 °F) and offer inertness to steam, strong bases, fuels, and acids. Minimal moisture absorption and a very low coefficient of linear thermal expansion, combined with Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials’ proprietary stress relieving processes, make these PPS products ideally suited for precise tolerance machined components. In addition, PPS products exhibit excellent electrical characteristics and are inherently flame retardant.
- Very high maximum allowable service temperature in air (220°C continuously, up to 260°C for short periods of time).
- High mechanical strength, stiffness, and creep resistance, also at elevated temperatures.
- Excellent chemical and hydrolysis resistance.
- Excellent wear & frictional behaviour.
- Very good dimensional stability.
- Physiologically inert (suitable for food contact).
- Excellent resistance to high energy radiation (gamma- and X-rays).
- Good UV-resistance.
- Inherent low flammability.
- Good electrical insulating and dielectric properties.
Techtron® PPS formulations