Main features of Ketron® PEEK
The Ketron® PEEK family of materials is based on polyetheretherketone resin. This semi-crystalline advanced material exhibits a unique combination of high mechanical properties, temperature resistance and excellent chemical resistance making it the most popular advanced plastics material.
- Very high maximum allowable service temperature in air (250 °C continuously, up to 310 °C for short periods of time).
- High mechanical strength, stiffness, and creep resistance, also at elevated temperatures.
- Excellent chemical and hydrolysis resistance.
- Excellent wear & frictional behaviour.
- Very good dimensional stability.
- Excellent resistance to high energy radiation (gamma- and X-rays).
- Inherent low flammability and very low levels of smoke evolution during combustion.
Ketron® PEEK formulations