Main features of Fluorosint® PTFE
Fluorosint® enhanced PTFE’s unique properties are the result of a proprietary process in which synthetically manufactured mica is chemically linked to virgin PTFE. This bonding results in properties not normally attainable in reinforced PTFE. Fluorosint grades offer an excellent combination of low frictional properties and dimensional stability.
- High maximum allowable service temperature in air (260°C continuously).
- Excellent chemical and hydrolysis resistance.
- Outstanding UV- and weather resistance.
- Physiologically inert (suitable for food contact, except Fluorosint 500, Fluorosint MT-01).
- Inherent low flammability.
- Good electrical insulating properties.